Mazda6 problems

I try to avoid having a rant on here, but I've had that many problems with a Mazda6 bought a few months ago, thought I ought to warn any other owners.
In 2004 I bought my first Mazda6 and had it converted to run on LPG, and apart from a brake disk warping problem (replaced under warranty), I didn't have any major problems.
But the latest one I've bought, a 2008 Mazda6 diesel estate, has just been a catalogue of problems, which the Mazda dealer I bought it from continually says it's nothing to do with them, out of warranty etc..
The latest; while coming down the M6 this afternoon, the tyre pressure sensor warning light came on, and within a mile I found I had a flat. Not a puncture, a corroded valve had craked in 2.
A bit of web investigation reveals it's a common problem, but will only be recified by a dealer if the customer quotes the US (not UK) recall notice number! I despair!
Anyone suffering this problem have a look at this article.

Update; yesterday I was pleasantly surprised that Mazda have agreed to replace the shoddy tyre pressure sensors with the new model and pay for the shredded tyre. But that's only after considerable internet research on my part and firing off emails to Mazda UK's head office, the MD at the car dealership, trading standards, VOSA & others. I guess it's a case of shout loud & long and eventually you might get heard!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accountants' dinner

Bradford concert